Thursday, May 25, 2017

Video Semester 2 Final Exam

Music Video

This is my music video from this semester.  Our project was to recreate a music video.  We recreated the music video, Hit Or Miss by Jacob Sartorious.  It took us about 3 weeks to make.  Some of the challenges that we faced was getting the locations right for the video to look realistic.  Along the way I learned how to do the beat sheet for the video.  Some of the feedback that was given was that our video quality wasn't very strong and that our mouth didn't match up with the lyrics.  We changed the timing with our lip syncing.  My opinion was that our video was not good and the song choice was poor.  We stayed productive by overlooking our beat sheets and story boards. We shot our shots outside of class.  My strength is I am very good at communicating with my group.

 


High School Trailer

This is my high school trailer from second semester.  Our project was to recreate a trailer that relates to high school.  We recreated the trailer, Ferris Bueller's Day Off.  Some of of the challenges I faced was editing when I didn't have all the shots. Along the way I learned how to collaborate with my group better to get a better outcome.  Some of the feedback given was that I didn't have the music playing in the background.  I did not have time to change that in my video.  My biggest weakness on this project was, time management.  I turned in this video 2 months late. We stayed productive by trying to always make our story boards look better.

 

Short Film

This is my short film that my group and I created during the second semester.  Our project was to make a short film as a group. This is probably my best work in e-comm video.  We did face challenges when trying to work with the lighting when we need shots outside.  Our biggest weakness had to be the beginning when we did not have dialogue for the first 3 minutes.  We stayed productive by improving our story board and scouting locations to shoot.  We shot this film outside of school.




Summary

What I liked most about this semester was that we got the freedom to do more filming and we had a great teacher to lead us.  I wouldn't change anything about this semester. My takeaway was that  if you really put in time and effort to a class that might not be your favorite you can still end with great final products.  I don't have a goal to set for next year because I am not pursuing with e-comm next year.  In the end I felt like I had a great semester with great people.

No comments:

Post a Comment